An Overview of the Speed Mathematics Program
Course Objective : This course is designed for 9 to 15 years kids. The program is designed to improve the accuracy and speed of calculations. This course not only equips the students with the necessary skills to do calculations faster but also builds the confidence of the child. A special endeavor is made to make the techniques learnt relevant and applicable in the day to day school activities. This will help the child with the school curriculum as well as tackle the NAPLAN and ICAS exams as well.
Program structure :
- The speed mathematics program is divided into different levels. All the levels are designed for approx. 3 to 4 months
- At the end of each level each child would be assessed for advancement to the next level.
- The classes are once a week- 2 hrs. / session. Further details about the session are provided
- The books will ensure that the child gets enough practice of the concepts learned.
Prerequisites : Primary school kids with a fair understanding of basic concept of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division is necessary.
Duration of each level : 3 to 4 months. The student should work at home for a minimum of 10 – 15 minutes every day to practice / learn the skills.
Completion certificate : At the end of each level each child would be assessed for advancement to the next level. A certificate will be issued on completion of a level.
Course material : The following course material will be provided for each level
- Exercise book with practice questions.
- Mathematics workbook for the school year level.